There is no “best time” to visit the Grampians, with each season offering it’s own magic. So with cool days and chilly nights, it’s time to head “Out West” in Victoria for a Winter escape.
A winter getaway offers visitors a chance to embrace the exhilaration of a chilly morning, and set out for a brisk walk before finishing in Halls Gap where you’re spoilt for choice to enjoy a warming coffee or hot chocolate.
Days may be sunny, but can still be cold, so rug up, pull on some good walking shoes and head up to The Pinnacle or for a more leisurely walk, enjoy the Venus Baths Loop Walk. Perhaps tackle the terrain at Grampians Adventure Golf where a challenging 18 hole adventure golf course will delight young and old alike. When your golf is finished, head in to the cafe for where you’ll find a seasonal menu with supplies sourced from their garden or locally when possible.
However, if bushwalking and adventure activities are not for you, here are some other ways to enjoy your time in the Grampians.
- Sip & Savour The Grampians Way…Download the Grampians Wine Map and stop by the cellar door of many award winning wineries, known especially for their shiraz and sparkling wines. The sparkling shiraz is a must to try when available. Enjoy wine tastings accompanied by a tasting platter highlighting local produce.
- Rather than driving yourself around the region, hop on a tour with Grampians Wine Tours. Choose from a range of tours to wineries, the Silo Art Trail or the National Park.
- Halls Gap Zoo is a great day out for families and friends alike. As Victoria’s largest regional zoo, you will have the opportunity to see over 160 species of native and exotic animals, reptiles and birds.
- Celebrating a special occasion or want to view the Grampians from soaring heights, take a scenic helicopter flight with Grampians Helicopters . Your locally born and raised pilot will share his knowledge of the landscape beneath you.
- Spend time strolling along the Boardwalk, the Peaks Precinct and the Main Street in Halls Gap. Maybe you’ll stop by for a souvenir of your time in the region, then sit and relax in a cafe or restaurant, where there may even be a fire to warm up by.Photography of Regional Victoria Winter
Start planning your trip now… it may be cold outside, but there’s plenty of ways to stay warm when visiting the Grampians.